Rota Management System Trainer (12 Month Secondment Opportunity)
(Open to Existing Sense Scotland Staff Only)
Vacancy Reference: 5817
37 hours per week, Salary: £23,295 – £24,072
Sense Scotland are looking for a Rota Management System Trainer on a 12 month secondment, to support individual staff members and teams across Sense Scotland to ensure they are competent users of Sense Scotland’s new Rota Management System (RMS). The new system will be rolled out across the organisation up to the end of 2019. Support will then be required pre and post implementation to ensure that teams are accurately entering and confirming data in the system.
The successful candidate will take the lead on ensuring new users of the RMS are appropriately assessed for their learning and development needs. and will ensure the planning, of training events. This will include structured training devised in cooperation with the RMS supplier and bespoke learning and development approaches necessary to support those who are less digitally confident/competent.
The role will require travel across Scotland, working with teams from the central belt to the Highlands.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Motivate, coach and mentor teams to develop their skills and knowledge in the use of the RMS.
- Take the lead on ensuring new users of the RMS are appropriately assessed for their learning and development needs
- Promote your own learning and development on the RMS and related systems through the productive use of your own supervision, colleagues, internal and external resources
- Ensure that rota constructors, managers and administrators have up to date knowledge and understanding of Sense Scotland’s policies and procedures relevant to staff scheduling
- Be responsible for maintaining your own health and safety whilst at work and for the health and safety of colleagues, people who use services and for alerting the officers responsible to any hazards or potential risks to health and safety.
- Ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act and to ensure that an appropriate level of confidentiality is maintained
- Be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of positive working relationships both with external agencies and internal departments and with individual colleagues
Successful Applicants Must:
- Good knowledge and experience of team roles in Sense Scotland.
- Knowledge/understanding of the benefits of a digital approach to service delivery
- Experience of the delivery of services to people with a learning disability, or other social care support need, using Sense Scotland processes and procedures.
- Experience of successfully developing, leading and implementing strategy, policy or operational plans across a large organisation
- Previous involvement in the planning and design of new services.
- Demonstrable level of skill in various rotas for social care staff.
- Quick to pick up the use of new software and able to transfer this knowledge to other people
- Strong training skills developed through work with frontline social care staff
- Be able to work on own initiative, as part of a team and be flexible in working hours.
- Hold a full driving licence
- Knowledge of the use of RMS systems. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of implementation of new software systems. (Desirable)
- Experience of the supervisory line management of a team or teams. (Desirable)
- Training/qualification relating to staff development. (Desirable)
Values and Commitment:
Our vision is for the people we work with to live meaningful and independent lives in a world which supports them to achieve their own ambitions.
We work to and are committed to our Core Values. These values are derived from families and enshrine the organisation’s ethos and guide the actions of all staff. Sense Scotland’s values in practice mean we will:
- To be open and honest
- To recognise individual worth
- To build relationships through trust
- To act on the basis of individual aspirations and needs
- To be accountable for our actions
Sense Scotland offers an extensive range of employee benefits including; Ongoing training and development, generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working, family friendly policies, contributory pension scheme, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit and Perkbox membership.
To apply, download the Internal Application Form then Email email@example.com quoting reference: 5817