Locality Manager – Forfar
Vacancy Reference Number: 5717
Full Time – 37 Hours
Salary Scale: £24,832.00 to £27,065.00
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Locality Manager within our Forfar Branch. The service is located in a purpose-built building designed to support individuals with a varied complex communication needs and additional needs such as learning disabilities, epilepsy, congenital rubella syndrome and sensory impairment.
We support four very different individuals lo lead full and meaningful lives in their own homes and their local community. This includes supporting lifelong learning and independence, seeking and supporting socialising opportunities and the use of varied communication methods to enable individuals to express their individual wants and needs.
The successful candidate will be an experienced supervisor/leader who is able to evidence a person centred approach when working with people who have complex support needs. It is essential they are outcome focused, motivated and have a current knowledge of the social care sector.
As the Locality Manager you will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day organisation and management of the Forfar service. Support will be provided by the Registered Manager. A supervisor also supports the management team to deliver formal supervision and direct line management to all members of the team. As a senior staff member, the Locality Manager will ensure that there are appropriate supports implemented to meet the people we support’s needs within a range of settings, including social, leisure, educational and home environments. The Locality Manager will maintain close links with all stakeholders to ensure collaborative working. This will ensure the support porvidd is regularly reviewed, maintained and developed in partnership with the people we support and their families and carers.
We want you to feel challenged, engaged and would like to support you to reach your maximum potential in a growing and exciting service.
Interested and would like to know more please contact Sharon Bandeen on 07393231490.
Successful Applicants must:
- SVQ level 3 in Social Care
- Be in a position to gain qualification as determined by the SSSC for registration; such as a relevant professional qualification and /or an SVQ 4 in Social Care
- Supervisory or management qualification suitable for a supervisor of a care service with a minimum of 15 credits at SCQF level 7 or above.
- Be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of current statutory requirements, Care Commission standards, registration requirements and the SSSC Codes of Practice
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to work with colleagues from external agencies.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to work with families including responding to concerns and complaints.
- Hold a full driving license (Desirable)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that individuals are assessed appropriately and that resources are available to staff
- Maintaining staffing rotas considering peoples’ needs and preferences any ensuring the effective deployment of staff to provide the optimum use of staff skills and knowledge
- Compliance with organisational policies and procedures and all legal requirements and agreed standards for the service including; Staffing, training, whistle-blowing and managing risk;
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that the service users’ individual care plans are in place, that they reflect assessed needs, are implemented into practice and regularly reviewed and updated to reflect day to day changes in the service users needs.
- Set and demonstrate good standards of work practice, by offering support and supervision by working directly alongside the support staff on shift, training through example.
- Ensure that you establish and maintain good and effective communication partnerships and networks with all relevant parties which will include: Service users and their families, Sense Scotland staff, members of the Association and their Families, members of the public, representatives from other charities and agencies, volunteers, work placements, students on placement, purchasers and funders.
- The Locality Manager will have overall responsibilityfor Health, safety and property management
- Ensuring proper record-keeping
- Staff supervision and appraisal
- Quality assurance and monitoring
- Organisational policies and procedures
- Be accountable for your own actions and personal and professional development
- Safeguard and promote the rights, safety and welfare of people using the services
- Be aware of and act in accordance with the SSSC Codes of Practice, their contract of employment and Sense Scotland Conditions of Service.
Values and Commitment
Our vision is for the people we work with to live meaningful and independent lives in a world which supports them to achieve their own ambitions.
We work to and are committed to our Core Values. These values are derived from our partnership with families. These enshrine the organisation’s ethos and guide the actions of all staff. Sense Scotland’s values in practice mean we will:
- To be open and honest
- To recognise individual worth
- To build relationships through trust
- To act on the basis of individual aspirations and needs
- To be accountable for our actions
Our service can offer exciting opportunities and a good career path for the right individual. Access to extensive face to face and online training as well as team development will be offered. In return we will need you to be motivated, a good team player, sensitive to the needs of individuals, families and colleagues and come with a positive can do attitude, with a sensible approach to keeping people safe. A willingness to learn and a positive approach to making every day count in the work that we do is essential.
Sense Scotland offers an extensive range of employee benefits including; Ongoing training and development, generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working, family friendly policies, contributory pension scheme, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit and Perkbox membership.
To apply, download the Application Form then Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: 5717