Fleet and Property Procurement Manager
Vacancy Reference: 5794
37 hours per week, Salary: £35,165 – £37,667
As a member of the Sense Scotland Finance team this role is responsible for optimising the fleet utilisation, managing a fleet of vehicles, a mix of light commercial vehicles and pool cars, and delivering property maintenance services.
The post holder will play a critical role in the supply and management of all vehicles throughout the organisation and provide advice on; licence management, vehicle maintenance, tax and insurance, fuel management, driver risk management and vehicle procurement. The successful candidate will also effective delivery and continuous improvement of all property maintenance and repairs activities, including budgetary monitoring.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and lead a programme which drives the highest standards of efficiency, road safety and customer service throughout.
- Work with key stakeholders to achieve optimum fleet costs.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date knowledge of legislation pertaining to the operation of the fleet, and representing the group on all matters of due diligence.
- Develop and maintain detailed records of vehicle maintenance, servicing and inspection.
- Provision of relevant support to insurance and accident management companies when investigating both; fault and non-fault vehicle accidents.
- Work with finance colleagues in the review all aspects of fleet budgets, invoicing structure and cost allocation.
- Identify and drive savings in costs, providing monthly management reports.
- Develop and maintain employee driving licence and insurance records.
Successful Applicants Must:
- Excellent communicator with ability to liaise with people in all circumstances using the phone, e-mails and letters.
- Recognised professional qualification in related discipline.
- Proven experience of managing a fleet of vehicles.
- IT literate with experience in Word and Excel.
- A willingness to be open and accountable.
- Have practical knowledge of vehicles and their maintenance.
- Have experience of facilities management.
- Be knowledgeable of insurance.
- Have organisational and logical skills.
- Be able to work on own initiative, as part of a team and be flexible in working hours.
Values and Commitment:
Our vision is for the people we work with to live meaningful and independent lives in a world which supports them to achieve their own ambitions.
We work to and are committed to our Core Values. These values are derived from families and enshrine the organisation’s ethos and guide the actions of all staff. Sense Scotland’s values in practice mean we will:
- To be open and honest
- To recognise individual worth
- To build relationships through trust
- To act on the basis of individual aspirations and needs
- To be accountable for our actions
Sense Scotland offers an extensive range of employee benefits including; Ongoing training and development, generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working, family friendly policies, contributory pension scheme, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefit and Perkbox membership.
To apply, download the Application Form then upload your completed application by clicking ‘Ready to Apply’.
or email email@example.com quoting reference: 5794 and we will email you an application form.